Our core methodology is
• A system of farming principles and practices that increases biodiversity, enriches soils, improves watersheds, and enhances ecosystem services.
• Aims to capture carbon in soil and aboveground biomass, reversing current global trends of atmospheric CO2 accumulation.
• Offers increased yields, increased nutritional density of produce, resilience to climate instability, and higher health and vitality for farming and ranching communities.
ABOUT TAMALU FARM
Tamalu Farm is a revival story
This 10-acre site on the slopes of Mount Kenya began life as a flower farm more than 15 years ago. Following an idle period of 12 years when nothing was cultivated, we took over full management in January 2019.
With a select team of local Kenyans nurtured and trained in the principles and methodologies of Regenerative Agriculture, we have begun the steady transformation into a working showcase of agro-ecological integrity.
Our long-term aim is to lead the region’s transition towards better land stewardship for small to medium scale acreages as well as contribute to the movement globally; a center of excellence that advocates world class produce cultivated in a way that is ecologically sound, economically viable and socially inclusive.
Your regenerative agriculture learning experience
TAMALU FARM OFFERS LIVE-IN APPRENTICESHIPS
STEEPED IN PRACTICAL AND THEORETICAL TRAINING
Topics such as regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, Integrated Pest Management (IPM), Sustainable charcoal & biochar production, nursery management, and much more
Come Visit Us! We have 3 Different Tours
* A Farm To Fork Experience | Full farm tour with seasonal tasting menu
* Pick Your Own - Weigh & Pay |
This is the perfect farm tour for families with kids!
* A Full Farm Tour With Farm Produce Tastings Along The Way